Happy Friday everyone! I have FINALLY finished painting the most visible side and front of the house from brown to charcoal! And also three cheers for almost totally pulling out that overgrown bush tree AGAIN (this is the last time, we swear).
We are so excited to build up some landscaping and start letting our house look a little more
lived in cared for!
This paint is a Howard custom as we started out with a Sherwin Williams color called Sea Otter but Blake thought it was still too brown so we mixed black until we found a shade we liked. I then painted a thin piece of wood with our test pot and had it color matched.
We still have another side to do but it’s not as visible so I’m not in as huge of a rush….maybe next week (The back of the house is actually white and it’s going to stay white because it’s under the porch and already dark enough).
Someone who lived here before us actually painted all the basement windows a dark red from the inside so I’m going to work next to correct that look.
We totally understand the need for privacy but the red needs to go….I think it makes the house look scary. I’m going to try and remove the paint so I can repaint from the inside. If I can’t get the paint off I actually may have to paint from the outside….the goal would be to repaint the trim white so things look nice and clean and give the illusion that the windows are operable but the lights are off! Still have a little scraping to do on this one below from the other side of the house.
So that’s where we are now (notice from the last post we finally got those second floor shutters up! Still a ways to go but it’s felt so great to make some strides in fixing up the outside of the house! I’m hoping to get some planters out on the new wing walls this weekend and finish brainstorming a game plan for what to do to the right of the door.
Have a great weekend everyone!